We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Viewing Single Post From: General Chat Guidance For a Pleasant Experience
Posted ImageJunglebiscui
Member Avatar
Administrator
I've noticed a variety of behaviour in our clan chat recently, not all of it helpful or appropriate - I've put together this guide for new and old members in the hope we can make it a nice place to be at all times.

GENERAL CHAT GUIDANCE FOR A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE
- When you join clan chat say hello, ask how people are and what they are up to Ė there are too many people joining on and not interacting.
- Before asking questions try to think it through yourself first.
- When asking questions use basic manners and the magic word please to help you get more answers and a better response.
- When someone asks a question in chat try to answer in a helpful way, even if its "sorry, I don't know the answer" it's better than silence.
- If somebody helps you, use basic manners and say thank you.
- When you are going offline for a bit say goodbye.
- Our community needs more people giving and helping, think "am I always taking/asking and not giving?" If so then help and answer more in chat.
- Read and digest the swearing policy HERE

REPORTING
- Leaders canít do anything about problems unless you report it to them or if they happen to witness it. Even if a leader is present, don't be afraid to message them and tell them you didn't think that last line in chat was appropriate.
- Avoid winding people up, arguments, conflict and bullying Ė if a member reports you for this then leaders will take action.
- Avoid complaining or moaning in the clan chat, message a leader instead and complain or moan at them so they can do something about it.
- Do report people breaking the rules or trying to disrupt the clan chat.

NOBODY LIKES
- A negative nancy, try to keep your responses nice, upbeat and positive. Nothing nice, upbeat or positive to say then don't say it.
- Vigilante behaviour, if someone is playing or using part of the game you don't agree with then do not take it upon yourself to tell them how wrong it is, if it's in the game rules then its fine. Take it up with Jagex if you donít like game features.
- A know-it-all with a "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude - Turn it into a "I've done that before and here is some help for you".

SUMMARY
Donít be a jerk and try to use common sense where applicable. Embrace this concept, young grasshopper, and the rest of lifeís difficulties will fall into place.
Treating others the way youíd like to be treated is a pretty good recipe for a pleasant chat experience.
We know you canít keep everyone happy forever and ever, just donít purposely set out to disrupt chat.
Edited by Junglebiscui, 25 Feb 2015, 08:52 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Online Profile
General Chat Guidance For a Pleasant Experience · TBE Rules and Guidelines

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS