Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
i quit
Topic Started: 31 Jul 2006, 12:57 AM (2,039 Views)
Posted Imageinventor t
Member Avatar
Champion Member III
lol fishing...

and bye miner (if your leavin)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageAdorabubble
Member Avatar
Champion Member I
I was only stating the facts. And you'll notice I said "mainly" instead of something like "only". It's entirly posible for a girl to start flaming someone just because that don't believe something. It is also entirly posible for a boy to be quiet, kind, and not like arguements.

I was only saying this trait is dominant in teenage boys, and not very common in girls.

Though, I did rather enjoy the reactions I got from that little thing.

I hope you deside not to quit Miner, or at least learn from your mistake.
I used to be a very serious person, somebody one could look up to, and not feel bad about asking for help from.

Now I'm at least mildly insane, obsessed to an idiotic extent over bubbles, and in general a completely silly person.

Are we quite sure that you actually grow "up", rather than "down"?

Posted ImageMurkynight
Member Avatar
<3
I know I know Fishin. I was just having a lil fun.

Don't quit Miner.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
<3 Ben :wub:

Posted ImageZak 45
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
miner nice speech everytime you speak..
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Alyn and ben verbally owned? ^^^

Posted ImageZak 45
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
also you could try member news for announcing you quit
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Alyn and ben verbally owned? ^^^

Posted Imagegaree
Member Avatar
Miner has complained that ''clan memebers don't take anything he says seriously, and there is an argument on ss every 5 mins''

and wot does Murkynight and King Cheung do? yes they spam him on this forum, well done 4 proving him correct!

(Miner add me in game so that we can chat some, i hope this decision isn't final)

~garee~
~Tbe Diplomat~

If a stone should fall on the jug, that's unfortunate for the jug.
If the jug should fall on a stone, that's unfortunate for the jug.
It's always unfortunate for the jug?
'The Talmud'

james morse
Unregistered

rofl i dont care bye miner dont kno who you are dont really care with sulkers

put your dummy back in your mouth and get on with life

its only a game dont take things too seriously :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageJunglebiscuit
Member Avatar
Leader/Administrator
Miner I think your being silly - if you leave good luck and if you stay then I would appreciate you going through the proper channels next time rather than announcing you leaving. We have many leaders and a clan diplomat who would be more than willing to hear you problem and attempt to resolve it.

Fishin I think thats EXTREMELY sexist and think you should edit that post. Normally you talk a lot of sense but on this occasion I have to disagree.
Posted Image
!guardianPosted Image!guardian

Posted ImageMurkynight
Member Avatar
<3
Miner has complained that ''clan memebers don't take anything he says seriously, and there is an argument on ss every 5 mins''

and wot does Murkynight and King Cheung do? yes they spam him on this forum, well done 4 proving him correct!

(Miner add me in game so that we can chat some, i hope this decision isn't final)

~garee~
~Tbe Diplomat~

-----------------

how the heck was i spamming the forums? And how did it prove him correct? He said that people fight on SS chat? Me posting comment on the site like any other person is considered spamming and proving him right? Hmm? Not making sense garee..
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
<3 Ben :wub:

Posted ImageRob91UK
Member Avatar
Master Member III
i dont know him, but what a lame reason to quit -.- ... tbh i dont think ive seen any proper arguments between TBE member in ss chat... only one was TBE vs SE lol

-smithy
Posted Image
Posted Image
(20:38:24) <@Junglebiscui> u got leader skillz there rob, i like it

* +billyguns55 looks at cheung and licks his lips
* @Cheung licks billy's lips

* %skilban smacks robs bum bum for misbehaving <<--- oooh nice ;)

(18:33:07) <+avfcrule900> y is no 1 at the event
(18:33:15) <+[TBE]Rob> avfc, bcoz its 6 30?

Posted ImageAdorabubble
Member Avatar
Champion Member I
I'm sorry Jungle, but I can't do it, go ahead if you believe it's that bad, but I wont.

I will edit a mistake, improper grammer, and something truly offencive (Not that I ever intend to write anything worthy of that title), but there is one thing I will not edit, my opinion, until it is prooven wrong.

I am simply stating what I believe to be true. Males are in general, more aggressive, arrogant, disbeliving, and short-tempered. That does not mean that they cannot overcome these, it's just the inicial program. In no way did I say females are supirior to males, or that males were supirior to females.

You'll notice I said the following in a previous post.

"And you'll notice I said "mainly" instead of something like "only". It's entirly posible for a girl to start flaming someone just because that don't believe something."

Just to demonstrate;

Sexism:n 1. Discrimination based on sex esp. discrimination against women. 2. Attitudes or conditions that premote strereotyping of social roles based on gender.

Discrimination: n 1. The act of discriminating. 2. The ability or power to make fine distinctions; discernment. 3. An act based on prejudice.

prejudice: n 1. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts. b. A preconcived preferance or idea; bias. 2. The act or state of holding preconceived judgements or convictions. 3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.

I wont go farther on prejudice, because it's not all that useful, and I realy don't feel like copying all of it if it wont aid either of us.

Well it seems even the dictionary doesn't seem to agree with you. Well, I'll just mentally replace women with men, and that should fix the problem.

From that discription, it doesn't seem like I'm being sexist. I've covered the facts, I have said that it isn't entirly a male trait, and I said that males can be differant than what I've stated. I don't understand what you mean.

I don't put you in the same class as I would say, Cheung, I'm not discriminating, I'm just stating facts about human nature, and what I've learned in my life. I've yet to see a girl beat someone else up just for the fun of it, and I've yet to see a boy sew. It happens, but not as often, that's all I'm saying.

In fact, I believe that I've been more discriminative towards teenagers than anything else. Naturally you didn't care to notice that and skipped strait to the (mainly men) part.

I find it very interesting, you noticed two simple words and shout "Sexist!" at me, but failed to notice I was being far more dicriminative towards teenagers.

Quote:

"You are leaving because a bunch of teenagers started a flame war and called you some names? Last I checked that wasn't a very hard thing to come by."

"And it's teenage nature to enjoy starting flame wars and hurting others feelings."

"Teenage humans (mainly males) enjoy starting up flame wars because they don't believe something."

I wrote four negative sentances on teenagers, and two words that would even hint towards sexism. So you don't care about people who discriminate against me? I'm insulted.

It's amazing how quickly I could have turned that aganst you.

If you still believe it's an issue, by all means, remove it. But you can't change what I believe.
I used to be a very serious person, somebody one could look up to, and not feel bad about asking for help from.

Now I'm at least mildly insane, obsessed to an idiotic extent over bubbles, and in general a completely silly person.

Posted ImageDexxa12
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
i must say that ur very gd at putting ur point accross fishin

guardian RAAR
!guardian RAAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageJunglebiscuit
Member Avatar
Leader/Administrator
As you say its "what you believe" and I have put across what I believe. I think you got it generally right about teenagers whereas I don't believe the point I picked up on to be true. If you want to be sexist then here goes:

This particular topic arose because of 'flaming' and 'bitching' - what gender immediately springs to mind when you mention 'bitching' - females. Where you say that "Males are in general, more aggressive, arrogant, disbeliving, and short-tempered" I think that is irrelevant to this topic.

I'm not trying to have an arguement with you, your opinions matter but please try and leave sexist non-factual generalisations out.
Posted Image
!guardianPosted Image!guardian

mcspikesky
Member Avatar
Master Member I
yay for jungle!

Holding up the male side as we're to arragant and short tempered to even bother...
MCspikeSky.

Quote:

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.
Douglas Adams

Posted ImageAdorabubble
Member Avatar
Champion Member I
Junglebiscuit
Aug 8 2006, 06:06 PM
This particular topic arose because of 'flaming' and 'bitching' - what gender immediately springs to mind when you mention 'bitching' - females.

Oh? I honestly didn't know that was a word related to females. I don't generally look up offecive words.

And I don't want to start a fight with you either. Unlike H2o, I respect you.

Quote:

"Males are in general, more aggressive, arrogant, disbeliving, and short-tempered" I think that is irrelevant to this topic.

And personlly, I think it is. It started because nobody would believe that he'd done something, and laughed at him for it.

And where in his post did he mention said offencive word you said related to females? I've yet to find it.

I'm glad you agree on the opinions matter at least.

On a side note, if you're so unhappy with my beliefs, why do you copy them when replying? You were unhappy with what you belived to be sexism, and now your starting it yourself? How do you approve that?

The least you could do is not be a hypocrite. What is that going to solve?

Posted ImageAdorabubble
Member Avatar
Champion Member I
Well Jungle, I'd rather not keep going on this. I've already had an arguement over right and wrong with a leader, and I only kept it up then because I realy don't like him.

I certainly will not fight over an opinion about something that happened so long ago to somebody who isn't with TBE anymore, with someone who I still respect.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I'll leave it at that.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Clan Positions & Member List · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST