Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to »۩~The British Elites~۩«. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
2nd War Lord Position Available; Closing date for apps 11 May.
Topic Started: 7 May 2007, 02:25 PM (1,847 Views)
Posted ImageAlynDavies
Member Avatar
Veteran Member IV
Ok basically I'd like to have more time available for myself, as the War Lords job has become quite time consuming. Many RSC clans have 2-3 War Lords for this reason, so after talking to Jungle and a few of the other Leaders I've decided to take on another person to help me. The Leaders will select the person via council Vote, and after a chat with Jungle on his / her suitibility for the role. All TBE members are welcome to apply, regardless of whether they have a Leadership role already, but if a Leader applies you must have the time available to do this role properly, while not letting it interfere with your curent role.
Here's what the position entails:

1) Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no.

2) Secondly and also a little annoying is making sure TBE members sign up to the war in the first place... Its amazing how many people simply cant be bothered to sign, they then grizzle when Jungle has kicked them out of TBE. The onus is always on the members to sign for wars, but sadly some TBE members will need to be spoon fed. Basically it involves checking the IRC list and seeing who hasnt signed up and Pm'ing them a reminder.

3) The chosen person MUST have IRC and MSN, most negotiations take place on Msn, so you'll need to be logged in more or less all the time, so I can add you to the conversation so we can discuss wars / issues concerning the war (or vice versa). You'll need to be on consistently on weekday afternoons and weekends.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win ;). This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

5) Lastly you'll be helping me select clans to approch for wars, obviously lining up TBE to be slaughtered every week isnt going to do clan moral much good, so we need to be careful on who you select to approch. This will involve looking through Runeheads and checking their pk / war opts on RSC to see how active they are.

I'm sorry this is a bit long winded, but its important you all understand EXACTLY whats expected of you, before you decide to apply for the position. A RSC acount will be helpful to you, as will the basic knowledge of moderating a forum. If you interested post here and tell us why you'd like the position, serious people only please ;).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imagepiedo2myleft
Experienced Member I
I've read your post, and my brother moderates a forum so i have sat and watched him a few times and know pretty much everything there is to know.

having thought about your proposal i have decided that war lord is a job i think i would be good at, as long as people obeying war lords orders stays strong.

I have a lot of free time, so moderating forums/writing posts will not be of inconvenience to me.

I do have MSN and IRC (i am on both pretty much all the time)

I hope you will consider my proposal.

regards

piedo2myleft :)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMinninan
Member Avatar
Elite Member II
Minninan's Application
I would quite like a crack at this job and to work along the great AlynDavies :wub: I would also like to carry on with my current job and it wouldn't cause me much hassle doing both. However, if that's not possible I'll have to say no to this and you can ignore this application.
Why?
Well, I feel that I'd greatly enjoy the warlord position and I know it will take up a massive chunk of my RS playing time. This job would work perfectly for me as in-game bores me a lot if I'm doing it all the time so warlord would take off the bore and keep me entertained. Most of the time it's a great job and is why I'd love to take on the challenge.
I have irc and msn (although i'd have to make a new addy for organising wars etc.) and have an account on RSC dating back quite a way.
I know the manual work isn't the most enjoyable of tasks but I'll be fine with it as it's probably less time consuming than what I currently do.
I'm a moany guy if I want to be so I hope I can do a good job about getting people to sign war sheets etc. and I know how to work a Modded forum having already got one.
I have a good knowledge of other clans around us but it isn't the best, after a short time I should be a pro though after talking to all of the other clans warlords and things like that.
The warlord job appeals to me greatly as it can be different from day to day and it's not just one consistently boring and simlilar job like with most. It has a massive variety and is tough on your own but with 2 or even 3 people at it the weight will be take off Alyn a little and will make it better. I feel I can do a good job with this and won't let you down with it. Alyn deserves his work halfed as it is a hefty job and I'm not the lazy type to make him do most of it (most of the time :P )
I'd like to wish everyone applying good luck getting the position as there are many worthy candidates.

Ta
~Minni~
Posted Image
WE GET KOED, TBE TANK

^Which Gypo Edited My Sig rofl?^
It was Jungle Minni
^K Whoever you are^
Don't blame me
STOP WRITING JUNK IN MY SIG
u started it
Who are you?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imageelizee56
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
Hey,
I would like to apply to become a warlord.

I have moderated a forum before i joined TBE and so i know most of the things there is to know. Also, i have MSN and IRC and an account of RSC.
Also, i think i can do a good job, because i have a lot of free time on my hands and i know that this job will be very time consuming, but i dont raelly mind.
I am on nearly everyday in the afternoons and every weekend, unless i am on holiday, so i thik i can do a good job.

I hope i m considered for this job.

Thanks
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMatrees1
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
This is a great position, and i would apply if i had the time :lol: but i dont, so i would like to wish everyone the best of luck on the position. Make sure if you apply that you really want it. As im sure it can become tedious (cant spell) job at times.

Thanks Mat ;)

Posted Image

-------Xbox gt : xXDestinationXx-------
May The OldSchool TS Crew Live Strong!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageShacas
Member Avatar
Jungle's Tea Boy
Shacas' App:

1) i dont think things like this will be anything out of the ordinary for me, as i mange to change all the names around on the vagrants list. i add people to that, and if they gain 2 or more dots i move them to the correct section of the list so that there is no confusion about what penalties each person has been recieving

2) ive been through all this before, when it comes down to the last 3 days i often look through the sign up sheets, and if i see people in the IRC and they havent yet signed up, i spam their pm to make sure they do :)

3) ive got both MSN, and IRC.. i am incredibly active on the IRC as many of you may know. but im not on MSN all that much, i mainly go on a little while before the big wars or mini's so that i can get all the information from the other leaders of where we are suposed to be, and what we are suposed to be doing.

4) Well i have the background experience for the forum mederating, as i currently mod the vagrants section :wub:
as for RSC, i have an account and go on RSC prettyy much every night to check out how other clans have done, see whats going on thats new around the clan world and so on. i dont have many posts on rsc, but im sure i can start posting abit more :)

5) i know what sort of clans we can take, and what clans we cant so i think i would be able to help pick us out some good wars for tbe, and maybe help us climb a little higher up the raw rankings in the future. also from being pk leader i know quite abit of what clans we stand a chance of killing, and what clans we might aswell just not bother fighting.

my only concern is with me doing this im not sure if i would be able to carry on with the dotting list, as alyn said i can imagine being war lord will take up quite abit of the spair time i have.
especialy around pking/war times i am rushed off my feet trying to get everyone ready for the event, making sure everyone behaves and some times actualy leading the battle.
so i dont think i would be able to carry on with the vagrants section because i would be just running myself ragid trying to do all the things at once. how ever i would still be able to lead the pk's and wars along side whitenightc and avfcrule900

on your post it says about it must not interfere, so i guess i dont stand a chance.. but thought it would be nice to apply anyways

~shaccy
Posted Image
~ Ex TBE Leader/Pk Leader ~
~ Team Demolition Founder ~
~ TeamSpeak Whore ~

RuneScape Name: Shacas
Xbox Gamertag: XxLove ShackxX
E-Mail: Shacas_rs@hotmail.com
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageWhitenightc
Member Avatar
Veteran Member IV
Ill Give it a Shot,
Well I think that the warlord postion would go well with my current pk leader postion as it would allow we set up pkri's/mini wars etc based on the knowledge that i have already devloped of most clans.

Despite being an optimist i am a realist and in the time ive been in tbe ive sizedup our abilitys during different situations, thus allowing me to pick the clans most suited for us to fight, Not setting up a full out war with Di :lol:.

In terms of approaching other clans to ask for miniwars and pk run ins then ill see no problem there, im on good terms with the leaders of every clan i can think off the top of my head. Many of which i already have added on msn from previous clan endeavour’s. Id like to think myself as being an easily approachable person and would always been open to negotiations with other clans (but as I said earlier I know TBE’s limitations).

I have a good knowledge of other clan’s strengths and weaknesses and know what situations would work favourably towards tbe (Fighting Tree to tree, where Tbe have been taught to hug/drag, compared to fighting at or around gdz).
In addition I have in my previous clan had access to admin Cp, where I was a global mod of the whole forums, I have knowledge of how to work simple tasks (moving/closing/merging topics) as well as more complicated tasks (changing forums skins/account names).

My ability to ability to persuade/nag :lol: people into signing up for wars and pkri’s may not be my most likeable quality but I think its fair to say that I am quite effective at nagging people !blush.

Thanks,
Whitey.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageDanc2006
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
Danc2006's War Lord application

[size=7]Giving answers to Alyns questions:[/size]

1) Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no.

This wouldnt Be a problem at all for me, i've got plently of spare time and i'd rather my spare time was spent on something that is useful.

2) Secondly and also a little annoying is making sure TBE members sign up to the war in the first place... Its amazing how many people simply cant be bothered to sign, they then grizzle when Jungle has kicked them out of TBE. The onus is always on the members to sign for wars, but sadly some TBE members will need to be spoon fed. Basically it involves checking the IRC list and seeing who hasnt signed up and Pm'ing them a reminder.

This is also not a problem, in my freinds list i have a few of the inactives who i pm when they need to sign up for a war and sometimes tell them the event when they ask.

3) The chosen person MUST have IRC and MSN, most negotiations take place on Msn, so you'll need to be logged in more or less all the time, so I can add you to the conversation so we can discuss wars / issues concerning the war (or vice versa). You'll need to be on consistently on weekday afternoons and weekends.

I've got both and i'm always on them if i get this position i'd be happly to handle other clans warlords querys, And ofcourse i'd would want to run everything by alyn befor i make a decsion.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win . This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

This is something i do already mainly because if a leader forgets i've got a back up, so we can always claim our wins on rsc, also i have an RSC account which i use when i need to but i will become alot more active on there.

5) Lastly you'll be helping me select clans to approch for wars, obviously lining up TBE to be slaughtered every week isnt going to do clan moral much good, so we need to be careful on who you select to approch. This will involve looking through Runeheads and checking their pk / war opts on RSC to see how active they are.

I do this aswell lol, i'm always checking the ranking list and seeing if any of my mates have joined top clans and looking at there cmb averages, plus i read the reports on RSC to see who wins the PKRI and wars etc.

[size=7]Experience:[/size]

I've never actually been a war lord offically, but i've done the job in The British Devils it was my job to find a referee, my job to make sure every1 knew about the war, my job to post on rsb about our win and let the ranking list know about it.

Also i was given Pk Training Position in TFE to get them better at PKing and wars i tried to set up some wars in the professional way but the other clans declined.

[size=7]Other:[/size]

Well, i know what your thinking this guy is far to new to TBE to become war lord, Well maby your right but i've been told by mates i should apply for this position so there for i have.

Also i know sometimes on IRC i can be immature but when i'm told to do something i'm 100% serious about it and i dont mess around.

I get on with Alyn very well also, he was the guy who made effort getting me to join TBE so i would really like to take a bit of weight of his shoulders and help out as 2nd warlord :wub:

And i think i've finally found the clan i wana be in for the rest of my runescape time TBE so i would like to help make this clan better in any way i can.

[size=7]Thanks for reading my application long winded yes i know but i really want this.[/size]

Danc2006
Posted Image

Former TBE Pk Leader/Elite/TS Legend
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imagepondtail
Master Member I
mehgood luck whoever gets it
BWUK UNIT!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageJammy Jay1
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
Ok basically I'd like to have more time available for myself, as the War Lords job has become quite time consuming. Many RSC clans have 2-3 War Lords for this reason, so after talking to Jungle and a few of the other Leaders I've decided to take on another person to help me. The Leaders will select the person via council Vote, and after a chat with Jungle on his / her suitibility for the role. All TBE members are welcome to apply, regardless of whether they have a Leadership role already, but if a Leader applies you must have the time available to do this role properly, while not letting it interfere with your curent role.
Here's what the position entails:

This will be no problem at all. I have the time to do it so why not? ;)

Well everytime we have a war, I normally remind members to sign up in IRC anyway. I also use the !war command to remind members of the war details.

I have access to both IRC and MSN so this isn't a problem in the slightest. I'm very active within the game/IRC/MSN and forums anyway so this is nothing new.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win . This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

Like i mentioned earlier. I have the time on my hands atm so this wouldn't be any problem. I'm also very good with Moderating forums as i've been council in clans and also designed sites like TFE's! I know how to take & upload screenshots so this won't be a problem either. I've been at every Mandatory war since I joined TBE and almost every other war/pk so i'll definetley be able to get the screenshots needed .

Apsaloutley. This was one of the jobs i did in my old clan with the War council so i'll be really helpful in this department. I will be consistantly checking RSC for PKRI's and war results to see which clans are doing what. I'll get us a 10 hour war with DF if possible? LOl :P

I'm sorry this is a bit long winded, but its important you all understand EXACTLY whats expected of you, before you decide to apply for the position. A RSC acount will be helpful to you, as will the basic knowledge of moderating a forum. If you interested post here and tell us why you'd like the position, serious people only please .

I'd like to apply for this posistion because this is one of my strong areas. I used to be active with the war council in my old clan so doing research and organising wars comes second nature to me. Although I don't really know many of the clans officials, I'm sure i could get to know them quickly with the guidance of Alyn. As for the moderating part that's really easy for me as I design forums in my spare time to keep my occupied and Mod CP is a piece of cake! I'm also very well behaved in the clan and I would love the chance to work alongside Alyn. I'm pretty experianced in most of the statements you posted above and I can only continue to get better as I become more experianced. I have the time and dedication to perfect this role and I have the ambition to be a great Warlord. - Jammy.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imagepiedo2myleft
Experienced Member I
I don't think i'll get it but its worth a try as it would sort my rs life out...im always standing around wondering what to do :blink:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imageaustnpowrs
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
as long as you do it aswell sometimes.

easy, aslong as you do it aswell sometimes.

i dont go anywhere so that should be fine (except school) i also have MSN and IRC.

aslong as i'm at the war, i'll get the picture. you will also have to do this sometimes.

should be pretty easy, and atleast you said you will be helping on this one.

OTHER:
it seems that you expect the assistant to do everything you do, so what exactly will you be doing after it?

i think i would be good at this, the only other person i see who i think is capable and deserving of this job is Whitenightc.

i also have not moderated forums before so i might need a tiny bit of teaching but i'll pick it up fast.
F Shacas and White, LETS GO HAVE FUN[color]![/color]
Posted Image
F2P UNIT@@@@@@@@@@
<3 AVRIL <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageChinky Bum
Member Avatar
I Arr Cap'n
May aswell:P

Nothing like a good old manual labour. Prepare you for later life. I have done thinks similar to this before in other clans and stuff

I am good at nagging and bugging people. In my last clan before a war id pm everyone in clan(pretty much the whole of my clan was added) telling them to come to war

I have both, very active on IRC, not so on MSN but easily changeble. Im on comp pretty much every evening except saturdays, and still usually on then.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win wink.gif. This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

I have written up war apps before and also information topics. I have run alot of forums before. Id love to post on the all mighty clan forum, as my involement in RSC would improve and i might become more well known, And show off the pride to be tbe

i am deffinate I would become better and understand the skill in it. I check alot of clans runeheads from time to time anyways and am pretty up to date on who wins wars and pk run ins etc. :P :P

Other:
I have experience from various previous clans in leading, decision making negotiating and peace making and id love to become more involved in the clan i so adore !woohoo
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Good heavens you boys
Blue-blooded murderer of the English tongue

BLEH
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageViper UK
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
event though im a FA i have applied for full emmbership, and id like a shot.
Why do i think i could do this?

Well i have been high concil of a clan that reached about the 17th spot, and was in a very similar position to this clan now is. i was high concil for about 9+ mounths of that clan so i know what a mod is required to do. I also helped arranged wars and lead a fair few of that clans pk trips so i no how to control others.Also i have a big experience of the wilderness which is vital for a warlord. As i was in df for a year i no most of the ins and outs of it + i know quite alot of people from alot of clans and can get contacts for these situations. I am also very active on boards, and on msn, i do have irc jsut sometimes choose not to go on it, but that can easily change.

if i think of anythign else ill add it
Posted Image

RSN Viper UK
MSN er_na@msn.com
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMystical Jin
Member Avatar
RAGE
I might as well apply, seeing as I have nothing else to do.

Anyway I thought being a warlord would give me something to do, seeing as how I tend to spend alot of my time doing nothing anyway.

Everything on the list is pretty simple to carry out, and I'd probably end up having more fun doing this, then just sitting around doing nothing.

I also just fixed my MSN problem so I can now use MSN without my Router restarting and disconnecting me every 5 minutes. And obviously I have IRC, as well as an RSC account.

On top of that I also have prior knowledge on how to moderate a forum, so that aspect wouldn't be a problem for me.

Anyway theres probably alot more deserving people then me for this job.

Mystical.
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageGoldenboy173
Member Avatar
Master Member II
good luck to all applicants B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageDawral
Member Avatar
Top Bloke
I withdraw my application. When the summer comes I'm going to be away alot of the time, and then I'm going uni, so theres no point me getting this role.

~Daw~
Combat level: 200
TBE Honoured Elite

Former TBE PK Leader
Former Team Demolition Leader
Former Snipe Unit Leader
Former Elite Mentor

Proud Old School Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageJdwagner
TBE IRC Programmer/Scripter
very good role. i hope somene who really deserves it gets it. quite frankly i dont want to even try for this position because it just seems like to much responsibility for me atm o.0 ive been rly buisy with school lately and finals and also my dads always bugging me to help him with remolding the house.
Check out all my video's at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdwagner888 I no longer upload videos =[ maybe ill do it again another day!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBoxer
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
[size=7]Boxers Application[/size] :wub:

Well, Ive always wanted to go up in TBE. I have found TBE to be the only clan for me, and now coming up to 7-months as a member, I beleive there is a chance for me in this position. B)

I think i would suit the job well as I enjoy the competition and tension with other clans, aswell as the friendship between them all. Im an active member, who wants to do more for TBE. In my opinion I have prooved myself to be perfectly capable of this role, and also to be organised when it comes to keeping tracks.

Even though the competiton is extremely tough, with alot of our leaders and pk leaders applying. I stil beleive i would do the job very well as it would mean i have more time to do this certain job rather than having to do alot of others aswell.

One thing alot of TBE dont know, is that i was once a Warlord for a RSB clan called Runescape Mafia. For quite a while i made sure we had wars weekly; therfore i do actually have experiance in this.

I know i was close to the position of Pk Leader/assistant pk leader, however i was some what lacking experiance in it. Now i beleive i have that experiance; and think i would be great for this role.

Well, you now know i want the position. I think i will do very well at it.
But now its over to you Jungle/Alyn
!uk
Posted Image!--TBE SINCE 2006--!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageTarkovskian
Member Avatar
Legendary Member I
JeNnA[Jdwagner888

,May 8 2007, 01:59 AM] my dads always bugging me to help him with remolding the house.

:o
batikill1 loves you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Clan Positions & Member List · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS