Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to Ľ۩~The British Elites~۩ę. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
War Lord position - closing Sunday July 15th; To replace Apple Tree 93
Topic Started: 8 Jul 2007, 05:42 PM (2,582 Views)
Posted ImageAlynDavies
Member Avatar
Veteran Member IV
The Leaders will select the chosen person via council Vote, and after a chat with Jungle on his / her suitibility for the role. All TBE members are welcome to apply.
If you currently have a

Here's what the position entails:

1) Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no.

2) Secondly and also a little annoying is making sure TBE members sign up to the war in the first place... Its amazing how many people simply cant be bothered to sign, they then grizzle when Jungle has kicked them out of TBE. The onus is always on the members to sign for wars, but sadly some TBE members will need to be spoon fed. Basically it involves checking the IRC list and seeing who hasnt signed up and Pm'ing them a reminder.

3) The chosen person MUST have IRC and MSN, most negotiations take place on Msn, so you'll need to be logged in more or less all the time, so I can add you to the conversation so we can discuss wars / issues concerning the war (or vice versa). You'll need to be on consistently on weekday afternoons and weekends.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win . This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

5) Lastly you'll be helping Jammy and myself select clans to approch for wars, obviously lining up TBE to be slaughtered every week isnt going to do clan moral much good, so we need to be careful on who you select to approch. This will involve looking through Runeheads and checking their pk / war opts on RSC to see how active they are.

I'm sorry this is a bit long winded, but its important you all understand EXACTLY whats expected of you, before you decide to apply for the position. A RSC acount will be helpful to you, as will the basic knowledge of moderating a forum. If you interested post here and tell us why you'd like the position, serious people only please .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageDanc2006
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
Good luck to all, I might apply later in the day, not just yet :P
Posted Image

Former TBE Pk Leader/Elite/TS Legend
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageWillibobz05
nvm changed mind
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageDawral
Member Avatar
Top Bloke
1) I am very able on these forum boards, know how to mod, etc.. nhave plenty of spare time on my hands at the minute. Updating war sign-up sheets will be no drama for me. Infact, at present, Runescape is becoming slightly boring (levels are hard to get ;o) so that would be a new past time :)

2) Lets just say I have a way with words :wub: . I can talk to practically anyone, and reminding members to sign up, etc.. will be easy stuff, as well as being able to make conversation with members I don't actually speak to

3) I do have MSN, however, for RS Negotition I would make an RS account. I have IRC, and I'm extremely active on it (Whenever I'm online, im on IRC). I also now have a microphone for Teamspeak, and consider myself fairly active there too.

4) Having led a much smaller clan than this before now (my previous clan), I know a clans' limit, and obviously wouldn't be warring clans whom we obviously would be slaughtered by. I like to think of myself being sensible and I look out for the clans' best interest. (Winning :P)

======================================

Overall, I think I am a good candidate for this job. Its now down to the leaders to decide who gets it.
Goodluck to all other applicants,

~Daw~
Combat level: 200
TBE Honoured Elite

Former TBE PK Leader
Former Team Demolition Leader
Former Snipe Unit Leader
Former Elite Mentor

Proud Old School Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMinninan
Member Avatar
Elite Member II
Minninan's Application
I would quite like a crack at this job and to work alongside Jammy I would also like to carry on with my current job and it wouldn't cause me much hassle doing both. However, if that's not possible I'll have to say no to this and you can ignore this application.
Why?
Well, I feel that I'd greatly enjoy the warlord position and I know it will take up a massive chunk of my RS playing time. This job would work perfectly for me as in-game bores me a lot if I'm doing it all the time so warlord would take off the bore and keep me entertained. Most of the time it's a great job and is why I'd love to take on the challenge.
I have irc and msn and have an account on RSC dating back to July 06.

I know the manual work isn't the most enjoyable of tasks but I'll be fine with it as it's probably less time consuming than what I currently do.
I'm a moany guy if I want to be so I hope I can do a good job about getting people to sign war sheets etc. and I know how to work a Modded forum having already got several on the site.
I have a good knowledge of other clans around us. Recently over the last couple of months I've really got into RSC and I'm on it a lot of times. I organise Mini-Wars for Team Demolition which I'm getting better at now I'm starting to get to know clans strengths and weaknesses. I have several clans warlords added already and get on with them well and hopefully this should help when organising wars and AC's.
The warlord job appeals to me greatly as it can be different from day to day and it's not just one consistently boring and simlilar job like with most. It has a massive variety and is tough on your own but with 2 people at it the weight will be take off Jammy a little and will make it better for him. I'd like to wish everyone applying good luck getting the position as there are many worthy candidates thumbsup.

Ta
~Minni~
Posted Image
WE GET KOED, TBE TANK

^Which Gypo Edited My Sig rofl?^
It was Jungle Minni
^K Whoever you are^
Don't blame me
STOP WRITING JUNK IN MY SIG
u started it
Who are you?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageTarkovskian
Member Avatar
Legendary Member I
[size=14]batikill1's application:[/size]

1) Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no.

i got enough free time to do this when sing up sheets are open.

I ALREADY HAVE EXPERINCE WITH THINGS LIKE THIS IF IT HELPS

2) Secondly and also a little annoying is making sure TBE members sign up to the war in the first place... Its amazing how many people simply cant be bothered to sign, they then grizzle when Jungle has kicked them out of TBE. The onus is always on the members to sign for wars, but sadly some TBE members will need to be spoon fed. Basically it involves checking the IRC list and seeing who hasnt signed up and Pm'ing them a reminder.

i really dont mind having to do this, it would be annoying but if it gets us extra opts i dont mind.

3) The chosen person MUST have IRC and MSN, most negotiations take place on Msn, so you'll need to be logged in more or less all the time, so I can add you to the conversation so we can discuss wars / issues concerning the war (or vice versa). You'll need to be on consistently on weekday afternoons and weekends.

i have both IRC and MSN, im on most days aftershool appart from when i got alot of homework/coursework to complete.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win . This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important!

i have a RSC account and a pretty good understanding of most clans as i read most war/pkri topics (well first post and last page) and i read the top 10/20/30 list prety much everyday

5) Lastly you'll be helping Jammy and myself select clans to approch for wars, obviously lining up TBE to be slaughtered every week isnt going to do clan moral much good, so we need to be careful on who you select to approch. This will involve looking through Runeheads and checking their pk / war opts on RSC to see how active they are.

i dont wana get slaughtered either, and i absolutely love winning.

I'm sorry this is a bit long winded, but its important you all understand EXACTLY whats expected of you, before you decide to apply for the position. A RSC acount will be helpful to you, as will the basic knowledge of moderating a forum. If you interested post here and tell us why you'd like the position, serious people only please .

i have a RSC account wich im active on, and im interested in this position because after i return from my holydays ill have alot of free time on my hands and i wana have a more active role in the clan. also id love to be warlord as last time i was warlord for a clan (*cough* rsb *cough*) i helped them move up 5 ranks in 3 weeks :lol: and i wana see tbe where it deserves to be on the RAW list wich is higher than where we are atm. also its a prety easy job if you know how to do it , and i think i got the general idea of what happens (and how much time it takes) also im a loyal and active member if it helps :D

[size=7]goodluck to everyone else who apply's[/size]
batikill1 loves you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageUnionjack4
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
UnionJacks Application.

1) Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no. I think I could easily accomplish this as before we used the event screenshots I used to make a list of everyone who attended wars.

2) Secondly and also a little annoying is making sure TBE members sign up to the war in the first place... Its amazing how many people simply cant be bothered to sign, they then grizzle when Jungle has kicked them out of TBE. The onus is always on the members to sign for wars, but sadly some TBE members will need to be spoon fed. Basically it involves checking the IRC list and seeing who hasnt signed up and Pm'ing them a reminder.On many seperate occasions Ive looked down the list of people who havent signed up and took my own time up to track them and message them to sign up from tracking them down ingame anyway possible to tracking them on IRC and make sure they sign up for wars. Including pming them via the TBE site.. Id be happy to continue this.

3) The chosen person MUST have IRC and MSN, most negotiations take place on Msn, so you'll need to be logged in more or less all the time, so I can add you to the conversation so we can discuss wars / issues concerning the war (or vice versa). You'll need to be on consistently on weekday afternoons and weekends I am constantly on everyday. I am pritty much on IRC 17/7 lol and When ever im needed im on msn. I have an MSN account set up already for runescape. Whenever a warlord enters #tbe_lobby im mostly always the one to direct them to the appropiate people.

4) You'll be Modded on the War forum and will be expected to write up the wars as I have done. Also you'll be the one who posts on RSC assuming we win . This will mean you'll need to get pictures of our starting and ending opts at wars. This is very important! I always take pictures of our starting and ending opts as you neverknow then we will need them. On countless ocasions Ive had to give TBE my screenshots to use from starting/ending opts and kills. I know what to post on RSC and what not to eg if there was cheating of some sort. In that incident Id advise the other clans leaders to take action against the rule breakers instead of making them public so everyone can see on RSC. I know what you would post aswell such as how the fight went on and what happened.

5) Lastly you'll be helping Jammy and myself select clans to approch for wars, obviously lining up TBE to be slaughtered every week isnt going to do clan moral much good, so we need to be careful on who you select to approch. This will involve looking through Runeheads and checking their pk / war opts on RSC to see how active they are.Im on RSC everyday maybe 5-10 Times aday to check up on the goings on off the clanworld. I can easily get on with alyn (maybe not jammy :P) but in serious yes I do get on with alyn and jammy very well. I know many clans strengh and weakness due to RSC. I know TBE strenghs which is most important and would compare to the other clan we would be warring and work out in the worst/best incidents what would be best for TBE. I mostly always know the goings on in the clan community.

I already have an RSC account up and running with around 450+ posts currently. Tbh Id like this position as Id like to expand my horizon. I knew I would suit this job very well and would proove myself of that.Id like to apply as warlord as I think I would be very suited for the job as I know alot of clans strenghs and weakness. I think all the points pointed out I can easily accomplish. I think ive prooved that I can be responsible and follow orders very well. Such as attendance of wars before event activity was introduced. Taking my own time out to come to massing spots 2 hours early So I could get the name of every person who showed up. With out missing anyone.
Removed signature as some found it offensive. You Beauty
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageCaffeineBear
Member Avatar
Illegitimi non carborundum

About it being time consuming.. Well I'm bored with rs atm[but not quitting] So time isn't problem so I will be happy to update the lists.

I don't mind doing stuff like this to help us get better opts to wars and help us to win them.

I do have both of them and im in both all day long so contacting me is not a problem!

Sounds managable job to do, and something i would like to do to help TBE

getting slaughtered ain't fun and of course i don't want that to TBE and winning wars is more fun and will do good for our clan so i will do my best to help you guys out in this(if i get chosen)
"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing." - Kimi RšikkŲnen

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
I will either find a way or make one.

Veni, vidi, vici

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Twitter
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imageshaunl14
Champion Member II
good luck to everoyne that app's
Posted Image

Not me playing my account on runescape, quit 100% and give it to Rl freind :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageApple Tree93
Member Avatar
Elite Member I
Good luck to all, wicked position Warlord is :wub:
4 Years, 10 Months and 16 Days

MSN: Dan___93@hotmail.co.uk
XFire: dan1apple

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBoxer
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
gl to all thoes who go for it :)
Posted Image!--TBE SINCE 2006--!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imageelizee56
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
[size=7]Elizee56's Application[/size]

I have quite a bit of spare time on my hands, and i wouldnt mind doing this.

I wouldnt mind doing this either, if it would help us by getting more opts and a huigher chance of winning. I usually look at the list of those who havnt signed up and wouldnt mind chasing them to make sure theuy sign up.

I have both IRC and MSN, although i do not talk on IRC much, i am always on it when i am at the computer. Sam with MSN.

I usually take ending opts pics in case they are needed and so it wouldnt be much different to me.

I read RSC quite a lot, although i do not post in it much. I also look through runehads of other clans and compare them with ours sometimes.

I have an RSC account altough i do not post on it much. I would like to be consideered for this position, as i think i could do a good job.

Also, Good luck to all other people applying!!
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imagejamie 260593
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
Good luck all apps.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMagicmatt
Veteran Member IV

I have no problems putting in the hard work needed to run the clan. I will and have done anything I can to help, from working out training competition results, to helping update the list when leaders havenít been around.

I have IRC, and have a personal MSN. I can easily make another one for TBE. I would say im active enough to sort out all problems with other leaders.

Again, I have no issues with putting the extra work in, I have enough time to do so

I have a RSC account, and I regularly check the forums there. I can probably tell you most results of the past weekend, and the RAW list as it stands pretty much without fault.

Extra:

I would love to be given the responsibility of this position, and also would love the extra challenges and opportunities it would present for me in the clan. In TBE so far, I have tried to represent the clan as best as I can, and I believe my discipline (first time I got warned for talking on a PK trip was last Saturday) and attitude of no flaming, would suit the warlord position. Also, I generally get on well with most people, I donít think I have made any enemies in this clan or in any clan we have come across. I have made friends in many other clans we have fought. I believe this would help maintain good relations with the other clans we fight, to ensure we donít start getting targeted or find ourselves unable to find wars.

Although I have little previous experience as a warlord, I am willing to learn, as I have throughout my TBE career, and I will do a good job in time. I would say I have a good pre-existing knowledge of most clans on the RSC, and could think of good fights for TBE in full out wars, fun wars, PKRIs or even smaller based wars. I know the strengths of our clan, the weaknesses of our clan, thus I believe I would be able to help select close and fun war schedules for our members. As I said above, I have no qualms about putting in the hard work required for the position. Thanks for considering my application. Matt.

Good luck everyone else
Posted Image
Thanks to Yellowchese ^^

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageAavarion
Member Avatar
Champion Member II
good luck everyone.

Saving my application for the right time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageWhitenightc
Member Avatar
Veteran Member IV
Whitenightc App

1)Ok firstly and this is VERY important, you'll be required to Update the sign up sheets in the Wars forum, its quite time consuming, its easy to do though you simply remove the persons name off the unsigned up area and sticking them on the appropriate list, i.e. 90%, 50/50 or no.

Not a problem really, In my old clan I was responsible for activity checks which ran the same basic routine. In the time running up to most wars Iíve been known to nag the current warlords (<3 alyn) about updating the list, if I was actually able to update it myself hopefully this would keep the war list updated thoroughly and prevent me from getting a little aggravated when the list is not 100% up to date. People are always making assumptions on how the current sign up list is looking, and having it up to date completely will in my opinion help to give them that extra bit of confidence that canít hurt.

Well as PK leader I am always looking in the best interests of the clan and in those tense days running up to the war I do spend a reasonable amount of my time trying to chase up those who have yet to sign up. Even if itís only an extra 1 person those 3 options can make all the difference in a war situation. Its always better to put that little extra bit of effort in and find out why someone hasnít signed up or get them to sign up, rather than to have them booted for inactivity, Although if they have no good reason for not signing up then let them go.

Msn is a must for normal day to day life anyways :P, I am always on it as long as I am on the computer, because of my role as pk leader I already have a number of leaders/warlords/pk leaders from other clans added allowing easy access when I need to know something, o and of course I have alyn added. IRC is also a must its design allows easy and constant access to discussions with other clans, saving priceless time when it is needed.

To start off in my old clan I had mod cp and am easily able to use it. Secondly writing up topics is something I tend to enjoy doing (as long as we have won), in my role as pk leader I havenít had the chance to write up as many topics as I would have liked, but hopefully that can be changed considering TBEís amazing war record. In addition I have become accustom to taking starting option pictures and ending option pictures on a normal basis, so there is no problem there.

In my role as pk leader it is my responsibility to know the strengths and weaknesses of other clans, I spend hours just looking at Runescape Community pk topics, researching their options they usually pull, where they prefer to fight, where they donít like to fight ( although fighting position is less relevant when it comes to wars). In terms of morale I am always trying to boost that of those in TBE, those in TBE pk chat in the last few days will have been lucky enough to receive the thoughts of my wisdom.

Lastly I would like to add that I think this position would suit me well because it almost goes hand in hand with my role as pk leader, it would allow me to help control who we fight on pk trips as well as in wars, size up different clans strengths in wars and there weaknesses on pk trips.

Thanks,
Whitenightc
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBottoms15
Veteran Member IV
jst thought id say gl 2 every1 :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImagePranksta1881
Member Avatar
Master Member II
Goodluck all, I might app but I know I won't get the position lol, I guess there's no harm in trying :P
[size=3]~Retired from Runescape Sept 7th 2007~[/size]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageJammy Jay1
Member Avatar
Veteran Member III
Best of luck guys ;)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

seanwt
Member Avatar
Champion Member II
good luck to everyone who has and who is goin to apply, magicmatt ftw... so far ;) imo

Stotty !uk
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Clan Positions & Member List · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST