Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Application Form For Event Coordinator/AL; Timewasters Need Not Apply!
Topic Started: 22 Jan 2009, 06:43 PM (1,990 Views)
Posted ImageCpjuk2us
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
The problem with this position is that it comes with assistant leader. I believe a lot of our good members might have great organizational skills but to be an assistant leader you should be required to have the ability to motivate everyone towards a common goal. I personally don't believe the two jobs go hand in hand.

Event coordinator's need to be both creative and detail orientated and are usually driven towards a common goal by a leader, they are usually given direction and goals by everyone else. True they are required to have good communication skills but the bottom line is that they usually are not held responsible for failures, merely a cog in the wheel to allow the day to day processes to occur.

Assistant Leaders are required to be assertive, motivating, and have both verbal communication and listening skills, setting goals and giving this clan a vision. The ability to manage conflict is usually highest on their list of priorities.

Looking at these applications I wonder who would rather be committed to one job rather than the other. I see some suited to one position yet not the other.
Some members would get the job done, yes I can see that.. but would they be "toxic"? An assistant leader who condescends to it's members and can't listen to constructive advice can be far more harmful than an inactive one. An Events Coordinator who is watchful, thoughtful but not assertive would be great in this position alone but as an Assistant Leader might become overwhelmed by requirements of an Assistant Leader's responsibilities.

I think an Events Coordinator who's only responsibility is to provide a calendar with the goals provided by leadership would be far more productive and less stressful for that individual.

The solution to event activity will never lie in this position alone. It always has and always will lie within the hands of our members and the motivational powers of this clan's leadership. The ever expansive list of events that Runescape delivers us from year to year means very little to the average member who's main priority is cash or experience. In my opinion the only thing that might override a member's prime objective is pride, honor or companionship within it's clan. Fuel these main area's by hosting joint events, warring and getting to know each and every member that joins.

I don't believe members turn up to inter clan's for experience, they turn up for activity points and the opportunity to show off their best gear if it's a p2p.

25k kills seems to be the main focus of a lot of conversations within the irc.. why not build an event around this idea? Hold luring trip BEFORE 8pm gaining hot spot points then holding a 2 round interclan whereby blue team wear at least 75k worth of gear and red team take 25k in gp and an invent of food (no weapon).. switching in the second round. I'm sure given some thought... some good idea's from you all would come flooding in.

Edit: On re-reading this, one of Fishing_cook9's posts spring directly to mind! wow.. I must have been on a tired rant.
Edited by Cpjuk2us, 24 Jan 2009, 06:09 AM.
Posted Image
Penepops Wordpress Blog

Offline Profile Goto Top

King Gfi
Member Avatar
John's Tea Boy
scouser is best pick for the job imo there just ot that active but very active in tfe

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageDawral
Member Avatar
Top Bloke
Yeah, I agree with CP.

The Position and the rank of A/L shouldn't come together,
Maybe a trial period first, then get A/L later on.

Personally, the rank of A/L shouldn't be applied for, but hand-picked and elected by the council.
It is positions that are applied for.

Just my thoughts,

~Daw~
Combat level: 200
TBE Honoured Elite

Former TBE PK Leader
Former Team Demolition Leader
Former Snipe Unit Leader
Former Elite Mentor

Proud Old School Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageRonaldo 9100
Member Avatar
God
da daw11
25 Jan 2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I agree with CP.

The Position and the rank of A/L shouldn't come together,
Maybe a trial period first, then get A/L later on.

Personally, the rank of A/L shouldn't be applied for, but hand-picked and elected by the council.
It is positions that are applied for.

Just my thoughts,

~Daw~
I agree 100% :)
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageJunglebiscui
Member Avatar
Administrator
CLOSED - Thanks for your apps and we will announce the lucky winner soon.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Clan Positions & Member List · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST