Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Swearing Policy
Topic Started: 17 Dec 2012, 08:52 PM (3,119 Views)
Posted ImageThe Poet
Member Avatar
Elite Member I
Dear Members,

Our clan is all about you. Thank you for being so committed over the years and welcome to those more recent to the clan and hope you already feel part of our family. The great community atmostphere of TBE is what has kept the clan great through a number of clan changes and is why TBE are now fully focussed on being a community clan.

This message is to encourage everyone in the clan to make the communication channels such as IRC, team speak, forums and ingame CC in particular, a safe, friendly, mature, positive and wholesome place to be for teenagers and adults alike. This message is also an instruction to all members - regardless of rank - that you have the authority to ask people to change the subject or stop swearing if it starts to become borderline inappropriate. The channels should be moderated as a culture; all of us creating together a positive atmosphere, rather than one of two "policeman" moderating.

As everyone is encouraged to moderate the environment, it should be noted that if the individual causing offense does not respond positively to the moderating member, that member should PM a leader. If a leader is not around, he should screenie the offense and response and forum-PM it to a leader.

For clarification directive swearing, racial abuse, harrasement pertaining to a persons religion, sexuality, age, education, weight or any kind of bullying is not acceptable. Negative talk "directed at a person" is not tolerated. (This chat should be screenshot and passed to a leader for consideration of a dot/ban)

If at all possible don't swear at all. This means that you won't offend anyone :) We won't be draconian in moderating swearing and one-off swearing should be ignored, unless it particularly upsets you. However, continuous swearing or offensive language should be warned about in the friendliest way possible and continuous ignorance of other peoples concerns should be screenshot for leadership consideration likely leading to a dot/ban.

Borderline offensive swearing can be offensive to some people, so be careful. The general rule is that if someone is upset with what you've said, respond appropriately; apologise, and tone it down.
An exhaustive list of words could be created as a guideline, but it would be preferable to use your own discernment as to what creates a great positive environment. If you can't get your head around this, think about what's appropriate language in a workplace or school classroom.

Thanks for creating a great atmosphere and let's keep it that way! Thank you all for your consideration.

Here is a link back to the clan rules: Clan Rules
90th TRIMMED COMPLETIONIST CAPE OWNER

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageGary69
Member Avatar
Elite Member IV
Be good to see it enforced fairly :)
Posted Image

Posted Image x21Posted Image x15Posted Image x8Posted Image x2Posted Image x6Posted Image x1Posted Image x3Posted Image x1Posted Image x4Posted Image x5
Posted Image x10 Posted Image x6
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageCleric Rohan
sir die a lot!
Actually really glad to see this, think it's really healthy and puts responsibility with all of us, not on just a few who've probably got better things to do than babysit us lot.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageX I S T S
Elite Member III
Nice one Poet! Good idea and Gary as its up to all of us u can inforce it upon urself before you type? :D
Lets all try to make this work and keep cc a good place to be :)
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageJetstream300
Member Avatar
Gooner
well **** my ass and call me ****, ok thats no problem
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageThe Poet
Member Avatar
Elite Member I
lol Jet, there is always one... :P
90th TRIMMED COMPLETIONIST CAPE OWNER

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageX I S T S
Elite Member III
A few issues popped up in cc last nite, could we please try to act in a respectful manner to all cc user.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageTixybix
Clan Clown
Please could all members respectfully read this and take note :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tixy's Masterplan for World Domination

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageMooge
Legendary Member I
Is Tixy's reply to this thread actual proof that she has read the swearing policy? Too bad she never abides by it!
TBE for life! https://i.imgur.com/S28jZPD.png
Offline Profile Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TBE Rules and Guidelines · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST