Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
2007 FC Moderators Required
Topic Started: 25 Mar 2013, 01:50 PM (781 Views)
Posted ImageThe Poet
Member Avatar
Elite Member I
We have had some difficulties in the friends chat with behaviour recently and we need some moderators with the following requirements:

1. You have read, agree with and willing to enforce the swearing policy
Link to swearing policy: http://forums.britishelites.com/topic/6997384/1/#new

(E.g. Not excessively militarian yet not letting things get out of hand either!)

2. You have a self controlled personality not easily emotive. I.e. calm and collective, able to PM someone about their behaviour in an positive and none agressive/defensive manner. I.E. you don't take things personally.

3. Mature in your own ability to asses and deal with situations and lead by example of good behaviours.

Please post here to apply. Give details and examples as best as possible why you'd be good at this and any experience of it previously.

Thanks!
90th TRIMMED COMPLETIONIST CAPE OWNER

Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageKieranM8
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
1. You have read, agree with and willing to enforce the swearing policy
Link to swearing policy: http://forums.britishelites.com/topic/6997384/1/#new

(E.g. Not excessively militarian yet not letting things get out of hand either!)

2. You have a self controlled personality not easily emotive. I.e. calm and collective, able to PM someone about their behavior in an positive and none aggressive/defensive manner. I.E. you don't take things personally.
3. Mature in your own ability to asses and deal with situations and lead by example of good behaviors.

I know i have applied for 07Events Coordinator aswell. Just thought i would apply for this aswell, show i'm keen is all.

I am definitely not easily emotive, Keeping calm in a heated situation is what get's problems resolved quicker and without any collateral. If someone was to turn sour in the CC, i am positive that i would be able to neutralize it, and keep things calm and collected. If not a simple PM reminding them of rules of the CC should do it. Everyone deserves a second chance, use them two chances and continue to disobey, would be a cause for an infraction.
Everyone has situations where they can get offended by on-game "banter" or whatever you want to call it, but if breaking the rules, talking the high road and not saying anything back is the best way to completely kill any means of aggressive or foul arguments!
I don't take things over the internet to heart, I just see it as an immature way to express something you can't really say in real life. BUT that is just my opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I think i was thorough enough!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageIV Peroxide
I think this is a position for me! :D Im friendly and never get angry as you all know <3 im very active. I know when the banters gone abit to far and could be offensive to others. Ild keep then clan chat nice and happy :) and arguments will be easily resolved with me :D Muchas Gracias <3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBig Bad Nash
Brand New Member
ok im going to keep this short and sweet. straight to the point. im 23 years old so i feel like im a mature person who can keep his cool. i dont flame or rage at people and i am quite good at difusing arguments calmly. i have been players rs for so many years and throughout my time have been involved in multiple clans including sum of my own back in the day. i think i would be a good person to help keep toxic chat and arguments out of the chat( only seen 1 example of this so far). so thanks for reading my post who ever u choose i know will help the clan progress forward.

Big Bad Nash
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageBig Bad Hrk
Member Avatar
07 Chat Moderator
Username Big Bad Hrk
Age 20
Name Henry

My Reasoning:

Hi I would like to put forth my application on the basis of 3 main pillars;
The first one being to have the ability know how to deal with people who are "toxic to the chat" (abusive or constantly insulting others) through my many years of runscape playing i have had to deal with these kinds of players in many past clans i could go off spouting about being a mod here and there but i know it means nothing. i did 3 years studying psychology at college ( even if i decided to major in english lit and computer science) so i do know how to deal and react with players who are prone to anger or have a short temper.

The second pillar:
I feel like the experience i have in runescape has overall being a positive one and without trying to sound too arrogant i feel i know alot more about the game than alot of people but with this knowledge i am currently and carry on planning to help other players in chat whenever needed and i feel with a more authorative role it may encourage more players to seek out my advice or to take it into consideration rather than asking someone who was unranked. where as i can do this and am doing this as an unranked player as i stated previously i do feel and would like to emphasize the fact that players maybe more willing to talk to a mod in the chat about any issues they may encounter in their runescape experience.

The Final Pillar:
The final thing i rest my application on is the fact that where i am new to the chat i feel i have intergrated very well and become quite liked by the players i feel this may help people feel like they can come to a mod if they have any issues; rather than seeing a mod as someone with a *god complex* or an authorative figure.

On a side note i want to say very nice work with the swearing policy i think its great that a clan has intergrated something like this on a game with such a young target audience;

i appear to have got abit carried away but i do tend to take everything i do with the amount of respect it deserves and i feel a job like this doesnt want to be taken lightly as it is a commitment to the clan to help keep the chat friendly and clean

anyway many thanks and best of luck to everyone :)

- henry-
Edited by Big Bad Hrk, 25 Mar 2013, 06:40 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageTanked
Member Avatar
Happy to help out here too guys :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Imagephladdin
Member Avatar
Champion Member III
i am happy to modorate, i am already a mentor in eoc but am on 07 alot, i am mature and dedicated to clan
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted ImageThe Poet
Member Avatar
Elite Member I
Thank you for your applications. We'll post an announcement shortly.
90th TRIMMED COMPLETIONIST CAPE OWNER

Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Clan Positions & Member List · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS