Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to »۩~The British Elites~۩«. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
PVM Event Changes
Topic Started: 28 Mar 2015, 06:16 PM (2,291 Views)
Posted ImageF95
Champion Member I
Seems a nice idea, but as mentioned it does exclude players without top gear and levels.

The 'Top PVM'ers' of TBE will no longer look at the likes of Bandos/DK's anymore when they could hit up Nex and grab some event points, leaving us nubs with no PVM at all!

How about a nub mentoring system where points can be gained? For argument sakes, say you name 5 people as 'PVM Nub Trainers'. If these guys and gals host L2PVM events points could still be gained. Let's just say Wise Choice is a chosen one, Wise could take a group of us nubs along to KBD or Bandos and show us how to voke and tank or whatever.. It'd still have the focus on higher leveled PVM as only these select few exclusive PVM Mentor's can actually host these training events, which would limit the amount.

EDIT:

Upon reading through the PVM Mentor thread posted, how about the ones who're given the rank can hold training sessions whenever? It's pretty much what I said above, and although the focus will still be on your top bosses, it gives these guys a chance to help lower leveled players master your Bandos' and DK's so they can solo them and get some lootz!
Edited by F95, 31 Mar 2015, 10:07 AM.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image225
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
Lets all be honest the requirements for the clan are 100+ which means even with t80s and Bandos/Armadyl armour you should be able to solo normal godwars KBD and DKS so not sure why this is a problem.

The point of learn to PVM events is that you learn the bosses you dont know not the bosses that are easy for anyone to solo it doesnt mean you cant form a team if you wish to go as a group to these bosses at any time it just means you dont get event points.

The other bosses are limited at 8 points a month so its not like this is going to be abused since KK and Nex were already hosted on Sundays before the change.

Instead of moaning about a change which is made for good try it out for a month and return here with your feedback and tell the leaders why it does or doesnt work so that something can be done about it.
Edited by 225, 31 Mar 2015, 02:20 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImageCaffeineBear
Member Avatar
Illegitimi non carborundum
This just seems like it's going to benefit those that already do high end PvM the most. Adhoc events and so on will just end up being certain teams doing PvM. And in my mind it posts limits on certain people, community clan that shifts focus more to high end PvM on events just doesn't sound like good idea.
"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing." - Kimi Räikkönen

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
I will either find a way or make one.

Veni, vidi, vici

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Twitter

Posted ImageJunglebiscui
Member Avatar
Administrator
Cap Horn
1 Apr 2015, 10:36 AM
This just seems like it's going to benefit those that already do high end PvM the most. Adhoc events and so on will just end up being certain teams doing PvM. And in my mind it posts limits on certain people, community clan that shifts focus more to high end PvM on events just doesn't sound like good idea.
Your not looking at the full picture, our focus is on community, our community is strong and we haven't changed any of the community events. This is just to try and improve our high level PVM offering to benefit those in the community that are already interested in that or interested in getting into that. For those that don't there is no change.

I think 225's comment sums it up nicely
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImageDas Wanderer
Member Avatar
Champion Member III
31 Mar 2015, 02:19 PM
Lets all be honest the requirements for the clan are 100+ which means even with t80s and Bandos/Armadyl armour you should be able to solo normal godwars KBD and DKS so not sure why this is a problem.

The point of learn to PVM events is that you learn the bosses you dont know not the bosses that are easy for anyone to solo it doesnt mean you cant form a team if you wish to go as a group to these bosses at any time it just means you dont get event points.

The other bosses are limited at 8 points a month so its not like this is going to be abused since KK and Nex were already hosted on Sundays before the change.

Instead of moaning about a change which is made for good try it out for a month and return here with your feedback and tell the leaders why it does or doesnt work so that something can be done about it.
Ty for not reading and understanding the feedback, just because you can't see it doesn't mean that we aren't trying to be constructive.

I don't need a month's experience to offer feedback.

Maybe you should keep yourself to yourself as you aren't critiquing the idea on display here only criticising the clan members who have tried to contribute to a meaningful discussion.

Thanks.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Imagesscjessica
Experienced Member I
not really sure why people are getting so angry at this? maybe i misread something but if your really wanting to do some bandos duo or something? coz if 500k a hour is good money for you then i guess you could get somone to join you, the reason "high level" players solo gwd if because 2m a hour is really not good money when qbd and frosties is 2-4m i don't really know any way to explain this so lets assume 1.5m is a good ammount of money per hour for you? how would you like to make 1/4 of that, well you wouldn't and bossing at these places is long as there easy to kill.
sscjoshua
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image225
Member Avatar
Veteran Member II
Das Wanderer
2 Apr 2015, 03:15 PM

Ty for not reading and understanding the feedback, just because you can't see it doesn't mean that we aren't trying to be constructive.

Maybe you should keep yourself to yourself as you aren't critiquing the idea on display here only criticising the clan members who have tried to contribute to a meaningful discussion.

Thanks.
I see you have harder trouble understanding posts as;

- My First statement shows that every one already has the ability to do these types of bosses and doesnt need a learn to pvm event to be able to do them.

- My second statement shows that you may at any time host your own group for attending the lower levels bosses just without event points.

- My third shows that how this system would not be abused because there is a limit on amount of points given.

- My last simple states that you should try the new system first because you cant simply make a judgement without giving it a go.

So please show me how my post doesnt contribute to the idea on discussion. This idea could be a good way to get more people going to higher level bosses as an event point will give them motivation.

All the bosses stated apart from vorago can be done with t80 gear even if it does make kills longer it doesnt mean that cant be done. These bosses also give you the ability to make money in order to save up for higher quality gear. It also allows you to do these bosses with fellow clan mates which builds the communities teamwork and means that requirements arent going to be so strict because we know the purpose of these events is teaching those with dont have the chance to go to these bosses outside the clan.

Thanks.

Posted ImageDas Wanderer
Member Avatar
Champion Member III
3 Apr 2015, 11:03 AM
Das Wanderer
2 Apr 2015, 03:15 PM

Thanks.
I see you have harder trouble understanding posts as;

- My First statement shows that every one already has the ability to do these types of bosses and doesnt need a learn to pvm event to be able to do them.

- My second statement shows that you may at any time host your own group for attending the lower levels bosses just without event points.

- My third shows that how this system would not be abused because there is a limit on amount of points given.

- My last simple states that you should try the new system first because you cant simply make a judgement without giving it a go.

So please show me how my post doesnt contribute to the idea on discussion. This idea could be a good way to get more people going to higher level bosses as an event point will give them motivation.

All the bosses stated apart from vorago can be done with t80 gear even if it does make kills longer it doesnt mean that cant be done. These bosses also give you the ability to make money in order to save up for higher quality gear. It also allows you to do these bosses with fellow clan mates which builds the communities teamwork and means that requirements arent going to be so strict because we know the purpose of these events is teaching those with dont have the chance to go to these bosses outside the clan.

Thanks.

Lets be honest here, the tone of your post was what I was alluding to, you didn't need to be arse about it though.

Thanks.
Edited by Junglebiscui, 3 Apr 2015, 02:05 PM.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST