Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
XPs4EPs; More event points you say?
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2016, 09:19 AM (1,351 Views)
Posted Imagelienhua
Member Avatar
Art Enthousiast
While I like the idea of being able to get event points from gaining experience, I'm feeling pretty daunted by the experience amount required per event point.
Last month (according to Runeclan) a total of 36 members were eligible for 1 or more event points if this program would be in place, with only 11 gaining 2 event points and 5 for 3 event points (or more).
And while I could see that the amount of experience gained would've been higher all around if the program were in place (a little bit of an incentive to get more gains), I believe that even one event point is a very steep amount for most members to reach.

I understand that for people who have higher skill levels that the amount of experience per hour for training skills is a lot higher, and therefore it would be easier to meet the requirement of 20m xp per event point. But it would mean that these players would have a bit of an advantage when it comes to things like winning that bond or having higher chances in the lottery.
I'm not sure how I would feel about a lvl 100 member who could be the most active with all of the events attended could still be trumped by a maxed player with a lot of money in terms of being recognized for clan participation (Which was already happening in a very small amount with the skill comps and some higher level pvm events).

It's unfortunate that there's no easy way to track relative experience gain per member, for it would've been a nice idea to have relative requirement goals depending on a persons skill level so the same amount of effort would be rewarded with the same amount of reward.
I have no idea however what a good solution would be, because even if you would lower the amount of experience required based on total xp (for example <100m total xp requires 10m xp or whatnot) that wouldn't stop a player having a single 99 in which he can gain lots of experience with the best xp/h (let's say he's going for a 120) whilst having terrible other stats.

I'm a bit worried that this could widen the gap of recognition for clan participation between more experienced and wealthy members and less experienced and poorer members, causing them to feel more left out on that regard.

I don't know, it's just something that worries me. What are your thoughts?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ENGLAND EST CST MST PST

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS