Runescape logo

TBE Facebook TBE Twitter TBE YouTube TBE Twitch

TBE Requirements: 100 Combat (P2P)

Our Clan Chat is: The British Elites
We run a different event every day!

Our friends chat is: TBEFC
Come in & have a chat with our members!

The British Elites TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to ۩~The British Elites~۩. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once registered you shall be able to submit an application to join The British Elites. Please register with your current Runescape display name:

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Changes to Mentoring (including a new Mentor!)
Topic Started: 30 Jul 2017, 03:34 PM (849 Views)
Posted ImageWise Choice
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hi everyone,

A few months ago, I had a very large open conversation between my team of mentors and the leaders of the clan. It was agreed that sometimes Mentors felt unrewarded for the things they help achieve, this is something that as leaders we definitely didn't want to hear but could see where they were coming from. Since then we have recruited new a new mentor to help reduce the pressure on the team and are now introducing a new system of Mentor of the Month!

At present mentors are required to talk to new clan members and educate them about all things to do with the clan - the rules, how events work, how to use the calendar, etc... There's a really long list that we ask for mentors to help new members with. This means that when a new member joins the clan they are well prepared and ready to experience TBE.

Clan Mentor Recruitment
A little while, before I disappeared on holiday for a month, I posted a thread looking for aspiring new mentors - firstly I would like to say thank you to all of those who applied. It was a very hard decision to choose who we were going to recruit but in the end we managed it. I would like to congratulate Clar3y for her success of now being welcomed to the team, I'm sure she'll fit in and hopefully contribute to the growing force that is The British Elites.

New Member Survey
This is a new concept which I've been working on and will be starting from August 4th 2017 - anyone who was recruited to TBE between July 1st and July 7th 2017 will be sent a survey regarding the performance of their mentor. This will then be done on a weekly basis around 4 weeks after the member joined the clan - so the next batch would be sent out on August 11th to anyone who joined the clan between July 8th and July 14th 2017.

These surveys will allow us to see where (if at all) we are slacking and allow us to remedy that. At the end of the survey, the results will be counted up and a score will be generated for the mentor; this will then be combined with other results and allow us to see which mentor performed the best throughout the first month of the new members time with the clan.

Spoiler: click to toggle

The survey itself is very short and composes of less than 10 questions with only a few tickboxes which are mandatory, there are some text boxes but these are option and up to the person completing the survey. As a thank you, and a bit of a bonus, all members who complete their survey within a week of receiving it will receive one additional event point; we may extend it to having them entered into a small prize draw but again this will be up to the mentors and new members to the clan.

Edit: As part of a teething process, I will also send surveys to members who joined in June.

MoTM - Mentor of The Month
Once the survey system is up and running, it will be used to score how mentors perform on a monthly basis. I will just say this stage is currently still being worked on as we need to work out what works best for the mentors themselves. But the basic concept is that when we've reached the end of the month then we will have a new 'Mentor of the Month'. As far as having a timescale, the last surveys for July would be sent out on September 1st, I would most likely give it a week for responses and then announce the Mentor with the highest July score on September 8th, similarly the mentor with the highest August score would be announced on October 6th.

Conclusion
Please remember that this a trial for us to see what could work as we go into the future, it's currently unknown how much pressure this will put on myself, other leaders and the mentors but for now we are currently willing to give it a go. If anyone has any feedback, comments or anything they wish to add then please reply below or send me a PM.
Edited by Wise Choice, 30 Jul 2017, 04:05 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageManclandian
Member Avatar
Champion Member II
grats
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Imageclar3y
Veteran Member I
:D thanks, and may all mentees have a fun and long life in tbe ;)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageMausjeee
Member Avatar
Experienced Member II
gratz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My names Mausje and i'm a turnip

Posted ImagebIue0ctober
Member Avatar
Champion Member III
congratz :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePurplePorker
Member Avatar
Experienced Member II
gratzzz

Posted ImagePola
Member Avatar
Master Member I
gratss
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageOnion Bhaji
Member Avatar
Experienced Member I
Congrats Clare :D Well done on your promotion! xo
Posted Image

Posted ImageImaginary CY
Experienced Member II
Congrats Clare, You'll do well I'm very sure :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Imageclar3y
Veteran Member I
thanks guys, means alot :3
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageBaron
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
Nice one Clare. Also I think there's been a mistake, I am a new member joining in July but I don't have a mentor. Can this be fixed so I can get my survey event point?

Thanks

Baron
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Imageclar3y
Veteran Member I
thanks baron :)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageMooge
Joey
Congratulations Clare :) Thanks for posting Wise :) Looking forward to seeing what people say in their mentor surveys! :P
TBE for life! https://i.imgur.com/S28jZPD.png

Posted Imageclar3y
Veteran Member I
thanks mooge :)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageX I S T S
Elite Member III
Welcome to the team Clar3y :)

As wise mentioned this is a trial to improve how we interact and keep members. Please post below or pm a leader with any suggestions or problems.

Posted ImageWise Choice
Member Avatar
Administrator
Baron
30 Jul 2017, 05:41 PM
Nice one Clare. Also I think there's been a mistake, I am a new member joining in July but I don't have a mentor. Can this be fixed so I can get my survey event point?

Thanks

Baron
Unfortunately it's only for new members to help get them started :(

But for old times sake...

Your application seems fine and we'd gladly accept you as a member of the British Elites. You'll be given forum access as long as everything is OK. You're also required to create an introduction to let members get to know you more.

The Event information is posted in the calendar (link at the top of this forum), or you can use the !event in IRC #tbe channel to find out what the events are. You are required to attend 4 events per month minimum, but please try to attend as many as possible

Your supreme overlord is: Wise Choice
Please ensure you add your mentor in game as he/she will be your best source of help for anything to do with TBE - they can answer any questions you may have, make sure you attend events.

If you have access to IRChat you can join #tbe_lobby to meet us, and our main channel for members only is #tbe. If you have any immediate questions most can be answered by the TBE handbook:
http://forums.britishelites.com/topic/7052151/

Please read this about Forum Name Changing http://forums.britishelites.com/topic/7057840/
Edited by Wise Choice, 20 Aug 2017, 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageBaron
Member Avatar
Veteran Member I
What a throwback Wise
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImageFoxxed
Member Avatar
Experienced Member I
Congrats Clare! Happy you got it and well deserved, you'll be a great mentor :D

Posted Image

Posted Imageclar3y
Veteran Member I